Mr H attended his Dental Practice for a root canal treatment. The Dentist administered anaesthetic, but during the treatment the client could feel a tingling sensation. Following the treatment, it soon became obvious to the patient that his lip was swollen and painful, making it difficult to eat and drink.
When attending his doctors, Mr H was advised that the skin on his chin area had been burnt alongside blistering on the inside of his lip. We argued that the burns and subsequent pain and suffering were a result of a chemical substance that was negligently allowed to get onto Mr H’s skin during dental treatment. As a result, we were able to claim back £6,500 for Mr H.