Miss F was a child when she attended Hospital for surgical removal of a lower left tooth. During the procedure, Miss F’s left lip was burnt by a dental drill. The patient’s lip remained painful for many weeks, resulting in difficulties eating. The burn also developed into a scar, which was very distressing for Miss F especially due to her young and impressionable age.
We successfully argued that the Defendant was negligent in allowing the dental drill to overheat, thus causing the burn and the resultant pain and suffering. We managed to recover damages of £5,000 for Miss F.