Mr O attended hospital for the extraction of his lower wisdom teeth. During treatment, Mr O suffered a serious burn injury to his upper lip due to an overheated drill piece. We were able to successfully argue that both the dental practitioner and hospital were negligent in allowing the drill handpiece to overheat. Had the drill been regularly lubricated and had the dentist properly maintained and inspected the equipment, the injury to Mr O would not have occurred.
Mr O suffered immediate pain and suffering due to the injury. He has also been left with a permanent area of scarring, which is particularly concerning for Mr O due to his employment as a sales representative where appearance if of the upmost importance. We were able to recover £7,000 for Mr O.