Dental Negligence is when an NHS or private dentist gives substandard care or treatment to a patient which causes them injury.There are various types of failings in dental care, including:
- Dental instruments falling into the throat of a patient
- Receiving too much local or general anaesthetic
- Extracting the wrong tooth or teeth
- Failure to treat oral abscesses
- Delay in diagnosis of oral cancer
- Nerve damage during tooth extraction or other dental work
- Fracture of adjacent tooth or teeth during extraction
- Incorrect filling of root canal
- Failure to monitor progressive gum disease leading to loss of teeth
To make a medical negligence claim for failings in dental care, the treatment provided (including any failure to provide appropriate treatment) must have caused further injury, pain and suffering. In addition, we must also prove, usually with the assistance of expert evidence, that no other reasonably competent dentist would have provided the substandard care or treatment.
If you or a family member has suffered from any form of dental negligence, AIA’s expert dental solicitors can assist with a potential claim for compensation.We have expertise in dental negligence claims and pride ourselves on our commitment to our clients and achieving justice for them. We have assembled an unrivalled team of dental experts and barristers who are leaders in their field within this area of law to assist us in the investigation and successful conclusion of your dental negligence claim.
For free and confidential legal advice speak to one of our expert dental negligence solicitors today. Our dental negligence solicitors provide nationwide coverage.
We offer a nationwide expert legal advice service in respect of any dental negligence claims.